- Comparing ourselves to others
- Worrying about our self-importance
- Feeling either superior or inferior
We would most likely have lots of time and energy to spare for making a substantial difference in the world.
When we finally, and truly do accept the inalienable worth of every human being, our lives quickly move into a place of ease that is inaccessible any other way.
Give every human being that you think about or encounter today (including yourself):
- a silent blessing
- a moment of your undistracted attention
- reverence for their existence, and
- the benefit of a doubt (drop your judgments for a moment)
(Don’t worry about those who are unworthy of these things. That’s someone else’s job.)