Even the most competent among us spends time “winging it,” barely keeping our heads above the water, trying to look like we know what we’re doing.
In fact, statics show that about eighty-five percent of all managers have never had any management training. (Okay, so now we know why the world is so screwed up!)
In light of this information, it might be important to think about an alternate list of instructions for success:
1. Keep a sense of humor (especially about ourselves).
2. Quit thinking we’re the only one who is afraid.
3. Be courageous. (It often has more value than expertise).
4. Stay passionate. (Passion for work counts double.)
5. Dare to be vulnerable. A willingness to admit our mistakes and to learn from everyone and everything counts triple.