In my personal experience, I’ve found these things to be true:
- When I drop my “agenda” and simply be present with people, I love them more.
- When I remember that we are each hiding painful scars, I am more patient with people who do not act the way I think they should.
- When I refuse to judge a stage of another’s life as the finished product but rather as a work in progress, I am kinder.
- When I believe that my happiness is not dependent upon what someone else does or doesn’t do for me, I am more peaceful.
- When I don’t spend energy guarding my ego, love is easier.
- When I clear out the emotional clutter of drama, bitterness, anger, and hatred, more love comes into my life.