A woman told me recently (for almost an entire hour) that all people were jackasses because they failed to treat her in the manner that she deserved. She also emphasized her complete innocence in the matter of having no friends.
As an outside observer, her words warned me of the following dangers:
- Our welcome is worn out quickly when we spout bitterness
- We will be stuck in the fiery hell of discontent and isolation if we add fuel to the fire every day
- We will be a slave to the story we tell
- Truth will not be able to get past the wall of words we build
- Mental illness follows closely upon the heels of our story