Anthony Hopkins exemplary confidence as an actor most likely comes from this philosophy.
How I can use this quote:
- To remind myself that I am no more than a busybody if I worry about what someone else thinks of me
- To give me more self-confidence and contentment with my own uniqueness
- Because when I am content with myself I am more considerate of, and less jealous of, others
- If I expect nothing from others I will not be unnecessarily disappointed
- When I accept everything as it comes, I don’t waste my valuable energy arguing about what is
- Because I have experienced the “ease” that comes from the wisdom of these words, the quote reminds me to confidently practice a healthy detachment