This survey was inspired by the discomfort I noticed recently
among a group of friends and their partners.
If interested in enjoying people that we hang with (or are forced to hang with),
honest answers are imperative.
Answer the following questions (with a specific association in mind) using the scale below. Then, add up your total points and check your score below.
1 – Never
2 – Occasionally
3 – Usually
4 – Always
1. I have confidence that this person or group really “sees” me. ______
2. We talk about things that matter. ______
3. I ask questions about them because I want to understand who they are. _______
4. I don’t have to pretend to be interested in them. _______
5. I praise them for what they do well. ______
6. I think about the things we have in common. ______
7. I hope I can help them be more successful or get what they need. ______
Total Points ______
21-28 Points – Preferred Peep
20-14 Points – Preferred Peep Potential
13-7 Points – Just Tolerating Each Others’ Egos