It is a natural desire to want to feel significant and secure; these are obviously needs with which we were born.
Then what has gone wrong?
In my own experience, the following three behaviors have been the main culprits of chaos:
- Hustling for importance vs. accepting the gift of my unique importance and place in the world
- Wanting to be important to prove my worth to someone else
- Believing that I was more or less important than anyone else
Freedom from pain and drama came to me when I began to:
- Express gratitude for my one amazing life
- Believe in the (wildly significant) love and value that I had with my Creator
- Do the previous two things on behalf of others