(Disclaimer: This post is not meant to imply that you shouldn’t call a crisis line. By all means, please call a crisis line if you need help!)
Some post-shift thoughts:
- WTF? The world is as screwed up as my nightmares.
- Most people need nothing less than a miracle to recover a sense of power.
- In the case of chronic problems, no one really wanted advice. They only wanted someone to listen and show compassion.
- Crisis-line groupies (chronic callers) are addicted to griping and have burned bridges with former interested listeners.
- A victim-mentality is to be avoided like Anthrax.