Whenever we hear ourselves snorting…
- I would never do that!
- I am always thoughtful of other’s feelings.
- I would never lie about something like that.
- I would never treat someone that way.
- I have never been as selfish as they are.
We should stop immediately, take our blinders off, and ask someone for a second opinion concerning our own character.
The truth is…we all hurt each other. We all have our moments. We all are subject to limitations and to self-preservation pressures.
Remembering that helps us not to…
- Say stupid stuff about others
- Think we are somehow superior to someone else