Often we spend so much time thinking and complaining about those who hurt us that we forget we are sometimes doing the hurting.
If I am brave enough to listen to my critics (family, friends, coworkers, neighbors, exes, or whomever) I may find that I…
- Talk too much about myself
- Think it has to be my way
- Argue and judge before I listen
- Am inflexible and sometimes self-righteous
- Am insensitive
- Have forgotten to be grateful
One of the best deterrents to gossip, whining, and complaining is cultivating the courage to confront ourselves first.