- I am so obstinate that I refuse to listen to your opinions
- I quit seeking advice and wisdom
- My ego gets in the way of my self-awareness
- My conversation is about all the things I am unhappy about
- My world shrinks to boring proportions
- I am critical and judgmental
- I justify my selfishness
Don’t kid yourself; it isn’t just grumpy old men who act this way. The only remedy for not becoming more and more ingrained in these behaviors is to catch them early and change the trajectory. I’d rather be slapped now than end up later an obstacle to others’ happiness.
Welcome correction. Ask for it. Hurt my feelings if you must.