Before you waste the airspace talking about how quickly it has gone by, how just yesterday it was the beginning of 2016, do an inventory.
- What have you accomplished?
- What have you overcome?
- What gifts and health do you still have?
- How many nourishing meals and gallons of clean water have you enjoyed?
- Which friends and relatives are still here?
- How many bullets have you dodged?
Now, you can talk about the already spent portion of 2016. Not with a sigh but with reverence, and with humble respect for the unearned gift of the first day of the second half.
Someday, we will look back on June 30, 2016 and will wonder how we could have ever taken it for granted.