I don’t know about you, but when I hang out in shallow water with guppies, I start thinking and acting like a guppy, and forget there are bigger fish to catch.
The pressing issue is…I won’t realize it.
So, what are the warning signs that this is happening?
- Talking about petty things (my little guppy interests) all the time
- People in my life seem boring or bored with me
- Attempting to relieve the pain of my impotence with addictions
- Living vicariously through sports, games, movies, or TV
- Complaining, criticizing, condemning, and comparing myself to everyone
- Obsession about my own safety
A frequent depth-check routine.