Feeling worthless generates all kinds of chaos and is probably responsible for a majority of the world’s ills. Whenever we are uncertain of our value, we do very strange things to compensate, such as…
- withdrawing to avoid rejection
- trying to overshadow others’ value
- becoming violent or painfully passive
- despairing of life
- blaming and shaming ourselves or others
- attempting to numb out the pain with addictions
- shutting down vital elements of our personalities
All with bitter consequences.
But, the most bitter element of the whole experience is that we have always had value in spite of all the measurements we may site that indicate otherwise.