Many of us who talk about “being in the moment” or the power of now are really deeply embedded in the power of later. How do we know if this is us?
- be moody (because we have too many rules for how things should be)
- be angry (because we don’t like what is)
- be annoyed or annoying (because we didn’t read the memo that says, “love is more important thing that we can do in any moment”)
- be critical (because we can’t be still enough to remember the miracle of ourselves and others)
- feel bored (because we are spoiled brats who forgot to be thankful for what most of the world would die for
We never know how much power we have until we quit complaining long enough to use it.