- Replace a casual critical thought about them with a wish or prayer for their happiness.
- Look at them as friends (you simply haven’t met yet) rather than competitors for resources.
- Give smiles and courtesies generously.
- Hand out compliments when you notice things that you appreciate.
- Show hospitality and gentleness.
Toward Family, Friends, and Neighbors:
- Notice them as seeing them for the first time.
- Forgive them for being human.
- Give the benefit of a doubt.
- Tell them that they are important to you.
- Send thoughtful texts or emails.