Opportunity Cost is an economic term mostly about how we don’t spend our money. For instance, if I launch a new product, I will not be able to afford to advertise my old product. Or, if I buy a big house, I will not be able to afford a vacation (or furniture) :(.
I was thinking today about opportunity cost in reference to how I don’t spend my time and energy.
- If I get depressed about what happened yesterday, I won’t get much done today.
- If I am wrapped up in myself, I won’t be able to see you.
- If I am focused on small drama, I will miss the bigger needs around me.
- If I am indulgent, others won’t have enough.
- If I think about all the things I don’t like about someone, I won’t have time to remember the things I do.
Sometimes economics can be very practical.