- Remind me that life is much larger than my own drama.
- Confront me with my need for historical knowledge.
- Challenge me to care about the millions everywhere who suffer in the wake of war.
- Confirm the fragile nature of life as I know it.
- Give me a sense of urgency to contribute good to the world.
Those of us who are younger than WWII most likely will think of the movie or give the day a passing nod. But, if we choose to give it more than that, we will be the beneficiary.
Our short lives are pleading for us
Begging for us to stop and care
Our mission here might simply be
To be aware