Sometimes the only thing that reminds me of the neglect of my plants are pathetic looking, drooping leaves. Then I run quickly to get the water. When my inner life needs nourishment there are also warning signs:
1) Preoccupation with my appearance
2) I become so pedantic and predictable that I bore people to death
3) I start being petty and argumentative
4) So preoccupied with my plans that I fail to appreciate things and people around me
5) A feeling of powerlessness and overwhelm
Activities, narcotics, people, food, and drink can only stop the “droop” temporarily. Real presence and energy comes from within.