I hold these truths to be self-evident (and freeing):
1. None of us are normal.
2. All of us are more screwed-up than we realize.
3. It’s okay to be a work-in-progress. (Embrace criticism.)
4. We make things worse by pretending to be normal and projecting blame and shame on everyone else.
5. Delighting in each other (and ourselves) in spite of the crazy is the way out of self-inflicted torture.
6. “The only way to beat my crazy was by doing something even crazier.” (from Silver Lining Playbook) Translation: By focusing fanatically on a larger goal and larger world outside of my suffocating angst, I overcame it.
Accept it and laugh on.