For those of us who resist optimism because it seems irresponsible…
Responsible optimists do not look at a world full of pain and pretend it isn’t there, they see the trouble without letting it control them.
A few tips that make this possible:
- Expect the best…but always be prepared for the worst.
- Face everything with the belief that you will have the resources to deal with it.
- Refuse to waste your time pouring blame and shame on others for bad stuff that happens. We all screw up. It’s part of the deal.
- Remember heroes who have overcome.
- Recall times when good came out of “bad.”
- Determine to make the best of whatever happens.
- Say (like a warrior), “I was born for this! Bring it on!”