Being left, fired, rejected, or cheated upon is, no doubt, a painful experience. However, if we find ourselves in one of these situations, here are some critical considerations:
- We can’t make people love us. The right people will.
- We have hurt people too…accidentally, selfishly, or because we were afraid to tell the truth. Forgive.
- Playing the victim won’t fix anything. Move on.
- Many people born with disabilities, disease, or deformities will never have romantic love or employment. Keep it in perspective.
- Sometimes, it’s our fault. Buck up and own it.
- It’s easier to bear when we learn to love, forgive, and honor ourselves.
- Watch what you say. (Our words define who we are not who they are.) Besides, Social media has enough poor-me-finger-pointing-cry-baby jerk-bashers already.