Whatever happens, take responsibility…instead of blaming, shaming or making excuses for ourselves and others.
Even if wronged, ask…
- How do I move forward productively?
- How do I keep from doing the same to others?
- Have I ever done the same to others? (Be humble enough to entertain the possibility, keeping in mind that it is easy to forget how we hurt others but difficult to forget how others have hurt us.)
- Besides my own perspective, what are others’ viewpoints?
- What can I learn from this experience?
- How can I avoid wasting my energy on blame and shame?
- What narrative will I choose about this experience? The narrative of a victim or the narrative of an overcomer?