Where is the fine line between…
- confidence and arrogance?
- flexibility and indecisiveness?
- humility and self-deprecation?
- self-respect and self-pity?
- candor and harmful criticism?
- compromise and cooperation?
- communicating and talking?
- helping and interfering?
- love and co-dependency?
I could go on.
The point is:
- Our happiness, success, productivity, and relationships depend upon the fine line between these character traits.
- The trajectory of our careers and personal lives is a function of how we think and how often we think about these distinctions in our daily interactions.
- If we chose the fast lane that speeds past these distinctions, it will not save us any time.
- And, again, when the student is ready, the teacher will appear.
(Original post 2013)