Even if we get past Monday, going to work is hard.
- we learn to treat everyday the same
- find joy inside instead of outside
- decide that life is about giving instead of getting
- resolve to make the most of wherever we are
Happy Tuesday. This is the day we make life better for the people around us.
I bet you’ve had those days at work when you didn’t know how you were going to make it through. On one of mine, I unexpectedly received a complimentary phone call from my boss. Afterward, I was hopeful, motivated, and energetic.
Have you ever experienced a shift like this?
Your circumstances hadn’t changed, really. You still hadn’t had enough sleep. You were still buried in work. You still had a hang-over, problems with your kids, or too many bills to pay, etc.
But, you were suddenly happy because of a simple attitude shift.
This ability to change our physical state has reminded me to use my power daily to:
1) Control my own state, and to
2) Influence others’ states with words of hope
(originally posted in June, 2012)